Yes, the U.S.S. Larson is categorized as a character in the campaign. If you're a big star trek fan, you probably don't have a problem with that.
You will also note that the PCs currently have roles NOT on the Larson. We're several months into the campaign and their ship was recently destroyed in action. They are currently assigned to the Special Projects Division of Starfleet.
Fleet Admiral Grokav Tellarite (Ambitious; Self-Serving; Tunnel Vision; Ends Justify The Means)
● Holds a grudge FOREVER
● Refers to the Four Years War as “The First Klingon War”
● Served brilliantly during the Four Years War
● Actually had far more to do with the Federation winning the Four Years War than Lord Garth of Izar, but Garth got much more credit outside of Starfleet.
● Commanded the Federation ground forces at the Battle of Kolm-An
● Believes a war with the Klingons and/or Romulans is inevitable
Fleet Admiral Nogura (Human) (Commander Starfleet Military Operations Command)
● Considered the embodiment of Starfleet to the Federation public.
● Over 100 years old, appears as a quite frail Japanese man who nevertheless moves with only the assistance of an antique cane.
● Commanded Federation space forces at Battle of Kolm-An
● As much a maverick as Kirk
● He and Kirk both have ties to Section 31
● Forced to step down as head of Starfleet following Operation: Dixie, he refused to retire and was command of Starfleet Military Operations.
Fleet Admiral Skorex (Vulcan) (Commander Starfleet Colonial Operations Command)
● Perhaps the most respected member of Starfleet Command’s upper leadership within Starfleet.
● Seen as critical to the Federation’s growth and security.
● Head of the ***.
Fleet Admiral Wesley (Human) (Commander Starfleet Galaxy Exploration Command)
● First seen in “The Ultimate Computer”
Fleet Admiral Al’a’ter (Andorian) (Commander Starfleet Merchant Marine Command)
Vice Admiral Sertull (Tellarite) (Commander Starfleet Training)
Vice Admiral T’nora (Vulcan) (Commander Starfleet Intelligence)
Councillor Satar (head of Vulcan Tal’Sorak or “the hand of Surak”)
● Ultimate spymaster and keeper of secrets.
● Considers the question of Reunification vital to the future of the Federation.
● Dedicated to the return of “the Prodigals” (Romulans) to the ways of Surak, believes this can only be accomplished through the downfall of the Romulan Empire.
● T’Cara’s mother, declared dead years ago
● Highest ranking Federation operative in the Romulan Empire
● Actually a member of the Praetor’s court, as a minor functionary.
● Was once the former Praetor’s concubine (Severus and Honorius’ father)
● The ultimate ice queen, extremely ruthless, will do anything to accomplish her mission
Chancellor Kesh (Head of Klingon High Council, engaged in civil war against Gorkon; plans a war against the Federation with Romulan support)
Praetor Severus (Searching for ultimate power; plans a war against the Federation with Klingon support)
● Legendary vessel, class ship of her type and a hero of the Four Years War.
● Test bed for a number of experimental programs during the war, most notably the Breaching Pod shuttles.
● Has only had two Captains in her entire history- Captain Standish and most recently Commander Decker.
● Once a year on VK Day (Victory over Klingons) the crew conducts a ceremony during Third Watch. This ceremony has fallen to the only two remaining members of the original crew: CPO Malcolm and CPO Bergmann. An Honor Roll of every Larson-class vessel lost during the Four Years War is recited.
● Before the Honor Roll is recited, the following words are spoken: We are the arrowhead. We are the first into battle. We strike where we are least expected. The enemy underestimates us but later we are feared.
● Honor Roll: USS Midway, USS Austerlitz, USS Pharsalus, USS Eylau, USS Buena Vista, USS Anzio, USS Iwo Jima, USS Thebes, USS Hammurabi, USS Troy, USS Demetrius, USS Alaric, USS Acre, USS Baku, USS San Miguel, USS Bayinnaung, USS de Tourville, NSS Ney, USS Scott, USS Boyacca.
● After the Honor Roll is recited: These arrows are broken but they are not forgotten. Not by us, and not by the enemy who still bears their scars.
Captain Daniel Decker (Human; Former Commanding Officer U.S.S. Larson; Currently assigned to Starfleet Special Projects)
● Grandson of Commodore Matt Decker, son of Will Decker.
● Raised by his uncle in the Triangle, on Maze, which was briefly occupied by the Klingons.
● Speaks fluent Klingon and is proficient in the Bat’Leth
● A scientist, his background led him to be recruited into Starfleet Intelligence instead, over his strong objection and desire to explore and expand the Federation’s knowledge.
● An enemy of Admiral Grokav since the “Arkadelphia Incident”.
● Promoted to Commander and given command of the Larson by Admiral Nogura, current head of Starfleet Military Operations Command.
● Science Branch
Commander T’Cara (Vulcan; Former First Officer/Chief Security Officer U.S.S. Larson; currently assigned to Starfleet Special Projects)
● Father is Councillor Satar (see above)
● Believes her mother is dead
● Security Branch
Lieutenant Commander Ushaan (Andorian; Former Second Officer/Chief Navigator U.S.S. Larson; currently assigned to Starfleet Special Projects)
● From a long line of Andorian warriors, named after an Andorian dueling tradition.
● Very hotheaded
● Distrusts Vulcans
Lieutenant Commander Cobalt (Human; Former Chief Helmsman U.S.S. Larson; currently assigned to Starfleet Special Projects)
● Flies a Zero-G Castor Board in his spare time.
Chief Engineer CPO Henry “Peg” Malcolm (Proud; Loyal; Combative; Stick In The Mud; Former Chief Engineer, U.S.S. Larson; current assignment Engineering instructor Starfleet Academy)
● Age 50, Stocky, Salt and Pepper Hair, Goatee
● A Veteran of the Four Years War
● Lost leg in Four Years War
● Served Entire Career on U.S.S. Larson
● Enlisted in Star Fleet as a crewman (enlisted man) and went to Star Fleet Academy after the war.
● Keeps a plaque for every Larson-class ship lost during the Four Years War in Engineering.
● Has a deep hatred and lack of respect for Communications Chief.
● Fought long and hard to keep the Larson from being mothballed. Spent over a year overseeing its refit, which is still not finished.
● Holds a ceremony in Engineering every year on VK Day.
Chief Communications Officer Lt. JG Anthony Reyes (Arrogant; Brilliant; Young; Untested; former Chief Communications Officer U.S.S. Larson; current assignment unknown)
● Age 24, Rail thin, Close Cropped Blonde Hair
● Thinks Lt. Malcolm is a dinosaur
● Thinks the Larson is a hunk of junk and the refit is hopeless.
● Mocks Malcolm’s ceremony
● Refers to Lt. Standish as “One Night”.
● The source of most of the crew’s friction.
● Speaks 18 languages fluently including Klingon and Romulan
● Studied cryptography
● Has a huge crush on Dr. Chapel
Chief Science Officer Lt. Andrea Standish (Bookish; Brilliant; Wild Child; former Chief Science Officer U.S.S. Larson; current assignment unknown)
● Age 35, Brown Hair, Glasses, Freckles
● Loves to drink Reyes under the table
● Refuses to file disciplinary complaints against fellow officers
● Starfleet brat
● Daughter of former Capt. Standish
● CPO Malcolm is her godfather
Chief Medical Officer Dr. Christine Chapel (Living Legend; Unassuming; Secretive; Connected; former Chief Medical Officer U.S.S. Larson; currently assigned to Starfleet Special Projects)
● Holds a rank of Commander
● Refuses to get involved with anyone emotionally
● Fascinated by Vulcan culture
● Prefers to stay in Sickbay
● Dislikes being planetside, barely tolerates starbases
● Requested assignment on the Larson for unknown reasons. Offered way better assignments.
● Thinks Lt. Reyes is cute. Like a puppy. The idea that she might be interested in him never occurs to her.
● Keeps a hypospray set to thorazine on her at all times.
CPO Bergmann (former Assistant Chief of Security U.S.S. Larson; currently assigned to Drill Instructor Starfleet Academy)
● Assistant Chief of Security
● Certified Drill Instructor of Marines at Starfleet Academy
● Master of numerous weapons
● Veteran of Four Year War
● Offered numerous chief of security assignments. Turns them down because “Security Chiefs do lots of paperwork)
● He and CPO Malcolm have bunked together for 30 years.
● Curses constantly
Doctor M’Benga (Compassionate; Ill; In love with Dr. T’pok)
● Spent decades on Vulcan
● Is secretly suffering from dementia, brought on by an inability of the brain to cope with frequent mind melds. Ironically, the only thing that keeps the disease at bay is mind melding.
Dr. T’pok (Compassionaite; In love with Dr. M’Benga)
● Expert on game theory
● Expert on human and vulcan psychology
● Feels responsible for Dr. M’benga’s condition
● Believes in Vulcan/Romulan reunification
● Betrothed to Dr. T’pok as a child, confused at her denial of him and love for M’benga, but accepts it.
Surakir (Secretive; Dedicated; Deadly)
● Certified master of Tal’Shia and the only living Vulcan Tal’Shiar (executioner)
● Believes Vulcan/Romulan unification is illogical
● Leader of the Tal’Sorak Operatives stationed on board the Larson.